Gray Integrity Leadership Instrument (GILI)
GILI assists organizations and leaders in understanding their strength and opportunity areas related to integrity.
This 50-item 360° Instrument identifies and measures three dimensions of integrity: Intrapersonal, Interpersonal and Organizational.
INTEGRITY IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT:
- Sustains leaders who are continually challenged to compromise from internal and external pressure which can affect business outcomes and employees
- Enables a leader to hold firm to values and ethical standards
- Maintains consistency of action and values
- Allows leaders to behave according to what they profess to hold true
- Affects trust, dependability, respect, which influences interactions and access
- Preserves a leader or organization’s standing in the public and private arenas
IMPORTANCE OF MEASURING INTEGRITY
Measuring integrity is important because it enables a leader to obtain greater results; increase effectiveness of workplace relationships; and preserve the organization’s reputation, resources and direction.
THE (GILI) ENABLES LEADERS AND ORGANIZATIONS TO:
- Establish a benchmark for levels of integrity in three dimensions
- Become aware of opportunity areas to increase integrity
- Function with a higher level of integrity
- Increase their effectiveness in their interactions with colleagues
- Deliver greater results
- Function in alignment with their organization’s vision, mission and ethical standards
WHAT IS ETHICS?
“Ethical” standards established by organizations or professional societies
Codes or rules of conduct
Written and shared with employees or members for compliance with those standards.
WHAT IS INTEGRITY?
A value or personal factor that enables a person to uphold ethical standards
Integrity is honesty, truthfulness, consistency of words and actions, without compromise and the state of being complete or whole.
WHAT IS THE GILI SUITE
Training about integrity: foundational and in the sub-categories (honesty/transparency, communication, handling conflict, etc.)
Coaching leaders to increase their integrity
Action planning process to increase integrity and have sustained success
Annual process to assess progress